Host Country Session 5
Taiwan Nursing Association
Technology and Nursing Management
Category: Technology and changes in healthcare organizations
The learning objectives are:
1. To determine if the outcomes and satisfaction with using a nursing information system (NIS) improved patient safety and the quality of nursing care in a hospital in Taiwan.
2. To describe and share the experience of using the nursing informatics in human resources management in a medical center in Taiwan and can be the reference to apply in the future.
3. To share the experience of a medical center in central area of Taiwan on how it planed and developed the nursing care information system for improving clinical patient care since 2010.
Summary of the session
Technological information system is very important for medical organization to maintain or enhance high quality service and care in a competitive environment. The Summary of these sessions are as following:
1. Issues in patient safety and nursing effectiveness have long been of concern. Advancing the role of nursing informatics is seen as the best way to address this. Medical organizations must continually improve the nursing information system to promote positive working environment.
2. Proper management of human resources is critical in providing a high quality of health care. Nurse managers need timely and accurate information for decision-making in order to cope the challenging health care. Electronic information systems can support nurse managers in their daily work including the information related to planning, organizing, staffing, budgeting, coordinating, communicating and reporting. In addition, it can also help nurse managers to review nurse performance either on clinical ladder, specialty vacancy or administrative position.
3. Introduction of 12 nursing projects developed through 2010 to 2017 in a medical center in central area of Taiwan, including mobile nursing handover system, medication system, blood transfusion system, nursing assessment system, electronic nursing records, wheelchair management system, electronic whiteboard, and bed cleaning system, etc. and how the medical center planed and developed the nursing care information system for improving clinical patient care since 2010.
Taiwan Nurse Association
Taiwan Nursing Informatics Association
Presentation: Applying Nursing Information System in Enhancing Quality of Nursing Care and Patient Safety
The aim of this study was to determine if the use outcomes and satisfaction with a nursing information system (NIS) improved patient safety and the quality of nursing care in a hospital in Taiwan.
Taipei Veterans General Hospital
Presentation: Applying the Nursing Information System in Human Resources Management
Director of Nursing Department
Changhua Christian Hospital
Presentation: Step by Step, the Application of Nursing Care Cloud Computing Network
The aim of this presentation is share the experience of Changhua Christian Hospital medical center how to plan and develop the nursing care information system for improving clinical patient care since 2010.
Event Timeslots (1)
TAIWAN NURSING ASSOCIATION
Technology and nursing management