Dr. Mercè Boada
Medical Director at ACE Alzheimer Center, Spain
• Neurologist & PhD (Universitat de Barcelona)
• Founder & medical director of ACE Alzheimer Center Barcelona.
• Distinguished professor of Universitat Internacional de Catalunya.
• Member of the Executive Committee of the European Alzheimer’s disease Consortium.
• Linked to Vall d’Hebrón Univ. Hospital, professional training in the neurology unit as clinical chief.
• Head of the dementia research unit Vall d’Hebrón Research Institute.
She has participated in different European projects, such as EPAD, AMYPAD, and PreDADQoL, being the project leader of MOPEAD (IMI-Innovative Medicines Initiative)
She has led more than 135 international clinical trials on AD and other dementias and published more than 280 articles, 37 book chapters and 12 medical outreach books
In 2016, she was awarded with the Creu de Sant Jordi for her contribution to research in the field of dementias and particularly Alzheimer’s disease. This is one of the highest recognitions from the Catalan government
Parallel Session: New perspectives in the management of age-related diseases
- 10 November, 2021
- 11:00 - 12:30