This page contains information for all Lightning Talk oral presenters to help you prepare for your participation at the 44th IHF World Hospital Congress. We recommend you bookmark this page for future reference.
ITEMS TO SUBMIT OR COMPLETE
- Presenter form: Complete here
- Congress registration: Register here using the code sent to you by 1 September 2021
- PPT presentation, video files, additional AV Requirements (if any): Submit by 15 October 2021 (see below links where to submit)
SESSION FORMAT: LIGHTNING TALK
Time allocated: 5 minutes per presentation. Please rehearse to ensure your presentation is within this time allocation. Presenters are not permitted to go overtime.
Presentation type: Oral presentation
Language: Your presentation and PowerPoint slides must be in English. No translation services are provided in the parallel sessions.
Livestream: Since the Congress will be in a hybrid format, all sessions will be live-streamed to virtual participants.
Contents and format:
- Your presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract.
- All presentations must be created using Microsoft PowerPoint. PowerPoint slides are required to be in 16:9 (widescreen) format in order for them to be displayed on the screen properly.
- Co-authors will not be listed in the program and Congress collaterals due to limited space. Presenting authors should acknowledge co-authors within their presentations.
Template: We highly encourage you to use the World Hospital Congress PPT template. You can download it below.
Sponsorships or advertisements: Reference to possible sponsorship is possible but no advertisement will be accepted.
Slides after the event: Presentation slides will be made available online on the IHF website and event platform (in PDF format) after the event.
AUDIO VISUAL REQUIREMENTS
In the interest of running seamless transitions between presentations, presenters cannot use their own laptops. All slide presentations will be saved to the main computer.
The session room will be set with:
- Laptop (Windows, not MAC)
- LCD Projector and screen in 16:9 ratio
- Podium with microphone
- Handheld microphones
- Slide clicker with pointer
- Confidence monitor (to view the slides from the podium)
- Timer for speaker
- Sound system
External links: Wi-fi will be available in the session rooms however we discourage opening an external URL or website during your presentation as internet speeds can vary and loading time may cause delays.
There will be an AV technical staff present to assist you. If you have any special technical requirements, please let the IHF know at email@example.com by 15 October 2021.
SUBMISSION OF SLIDES
Send your slides to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 October 2021. If the file is large, you can send it using WeTransfer, Dropbox, or Google Drive. This is considered a backup copy in case it’s lost or corrupted in transit. If you update your slides afterward, bring the file with you on a USB flash drive and save it in the Speakers Room at least 1 day before your presentation.
Once you arrive at the Congress venue please proceed to the Registration Desk to collect your name badge and delegate kit and check or save your slides at the Speaker Room (at least 1 day before your presentation).
Please be at your session room at least 15 minutes before your session to make sure everything is in order and to be prepared should there be last-minute program changes.
We highly appreciate it if you can promote your involvement in the Congress in social media, your website, blogs and other communication channels. If you will be posting on social media, don’t forget to use the hashtag #IHFBarcelona. Please see the available graphic and logo for download here. If you have any other promotional requirements, feel free to contact us. Tag and follow us on social media:
If you have any questions, please contact: