International Hospital Federation Awards Finalists Revealed
The International Hospital Federation (IHF) announced the 27 finalists in the four categories of the 2018 IHF Awards which honors innovations and outstanding achievements in the healthcare industry.
The IHF awards program received a record number of 160 entries from 118 organizations in 33 countries for the IHF / Dr Kwang Tae Kim Grand Award and Excellence Awards in Leadership and Management in Healthcare, Quality & Safety and Patient-centered Care, and Corporate Social Responsibility. After an extensive review by the panel of judges composed of health leaders from around the globe, 27 top entries from the four categories have been selected as finalists from which the Gold, Silver, Bronze and Merit Awards will be chosen.
“With the number of entries vying for the IHF Awards this year, the judges had a very difficult time evaluating. I am happy and delighted to see that all 160 submitted entries are of high standards aiming at improving many different aspects of health care and service delivery,” said Dr Lawrence Lai, Chair of the IHF Awards Committee. “For the finalists this year, I am proud to say that their projects or programs are indeed most outstanding and impressive.”
IHF has been recognizing innovation, excellence, outstanding achievements and best practices of hospitals and healthcare organizations since 2015 when the Awards was first presented in Chicago, USA.
This year’s winners will be awarded in front of industry peers on 10 October 2018 during the 42nd World Hospital Congress at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre in Australia.
Gold Winners will be invited to speak at a special session during the World Hospital Congress to share their winning programs and projects while Silver, Bronze Winners and Merit Awardees will be displaying posters at the Congress exhibition.
Finalists of the 2018 IHF Awards:
IHF/Dr Kwang Tae Kim Grand Award
- Electronic Medical Record (Salama) (Dubai Health Authority, UAE)
- Frere Hospital Turnaround (Frere Hospital, South Africa)
- Keiju Integrated Healthcare Service -Cooperation of Integrated Health Records and Human interface- (Keiju Healthcare System, Japan)
- Metro South Health Service Queensland -Our Transformation to Australia’s First Digital Health Service (Metro South Hospital and Health Service, Australia)
- Value-based healthcare: A new approach to improve oral health outcomes (Dental Health Services Victoria, Australia)
- Wide Bay Amazing Sustainable Turnaround (Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service, Australia)
IHF/EOH Excellence Award for Leadership and Management in Healthcare
- Bed Management System of Sant Joan de Déu (BEDMA-SJD), an innovative system for efficient management of health care processes (Sant Joan de Déu – Barcelona Children’s Hospital, Spain)
- Build an Innovative Culture that Optimizes the Use of Technology to Advance Excellence in Mental Health Care (Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences, Canada)
- Caring Safely – a joint SickKids and UHN collaboration to prevent harm and promote patient and staff safety (The Hospital for Sick Children and University Health Network, Canada)
- Value Driven Outcomes (Implementation of Data Driven Approach to Manage Utilization of Resources and Improve Quality of Care) (University of Utah Health, USA)
IHF/Austco Excellence Award for Quality & Safety and Patient-centered Care
- A Pharmacist-led Hospital-based Opioid Stewardship Service (Redcliffe Hospital, Metro North Hospital and Health Service, Australia)
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitis (GDM) App and Interactive Clinician Portal (Internet Based) (Metro South Health, Queensland Health, Australia)
- Infection Prevention and Control Program (Makati Medical Center, Philippines)
- IRONing out Maternity Blood Management: Improving identification and management of iron deficiency and anaemia (Australian Red Cross Blood Service, Canberra Hospital and Health Service, Women’s and Children’s Hospital SA, Darling Downs Hospital and Health Service, Australia)
- Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital Gender Clinic & Statewide Service, Children’s Health Queensland Hospital & Health Service (Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital, Child and Youth Mental Health Service, Children’s Health Queensland, Hospital and Health Service, Australia)
- Optimizing Opioid Prescribing for Surgical Patients (Mayo Clinic, USA)
- “PROJECT SURAKHSHA” – A Quality Improvement Initiative to Improve Clinical Outcomes In Sepsis (Max Smart Super Specialty Hospital, India)
- The Implementation of Recovery-Oriented Practice (Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences, Canada)
- Using ABCDE bundle to improve the effectiveness of clinical care in intensive care unit with acute respiratory failure patients (Chi Mei Medical Center, Taiwan)
IHF/Bionexo Excellence Award for Corporate Social Responsibility
- Aster Volunteers – Powered by Humanity (Aster DM Healthcare, UAE)
- Forging Oneness, Responsibility, Growth and Empowerment (FORGE): A Community Health Adoption Program (Manila Doctors Hospital, Philippines)
- Free Surgical Brigades Model (CHRISTUS MUGUERZA Sistemas de Salud, Mexico)
- Give a Life (Fundación Cardioinfantil Instituto de Cardiologia, Colombia)
- Improving access to oral health with a patient centred focus to a vulnerable community (Metro South Oral Health, Metro South Hospital and Health Service Queensland, Australia)
- Our Tithe: A commitment to caring for our community (Palmetto Health, USA)
- Program for Harnessing Oncological Preventive and Early screening activities or Program HOPE (Narayana Health, India)
- Western Health Healthcare Environmental Sustainability (HES) Program (Western Health, Australia)