We are excited to meet again in person! With the good progress in the epidemiological data, the Catalan government is easing its COVID-19 restrictions along the steady path back to normal. This is perfect timing for our Congress!
Health and safety remain to be our priority and we are committed to organizing an event that allows all attendees to have a safe and secure experience. We appreciate the cooperation of all participants who will be joining us in Barcelona by following the protocols listed below:
When you arrive at the venue, the Secretariat staff will ask you to show your Virtual Badge through your mobile phone. You will find it in the 44th IHF World Hospital Congress mobile app (the download link will be sent to all participants a week before the event). Once you have completed your profile, you will find it very easily.
To access the conference venue, it will be mandatory to present either of the following:
- COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate. Valid 14 days after receiving the complete regimen. Any vaccine authorized by the European Union (European Medicines Agency, EMA) and WHO will be accepted.
- Certificate of a diagnostic test for SARSCoV2 with a negative result. The following diagnostic tests shall be admissible:
- NAAT- nucleic acid amplification tests (e.g.: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, HAD, NEAR, CRISPR, SDA), with sampling within the previous 72 hours to arrival at the Congress Venue.
- RAT-rapid antigen test, with sampling within the previous 48 hours to arrival at the Congress Venue. You can consult the list of rapid tests approved by the European Commission through this link
- A COVID-19 Recovery certificate (valid from day 11 after the first positive NAAT and up to 180 days after the sample date)
You will have to upload a copy of your COVID certificate to the mobile app before the event. Instructions will be provided once the app is available.
Fira de Barcelona received the World Travel Tourism Council “Safe Travels” stamp for its protocols against COVID-19. Fira de Barcelona has drawn up a safety and prevention protocol against COVID-19 with the aim of holding its events with maximum safety guarantees for workers, organizers, exhibitors, visitors, and suppliers.
The protocol, designed in collaboration with the specialist risk management consultancy Aon and with the advice of the Hospital Clínic in Barcelona, a benchmark epidemiological centre, details a whole set of measures resulting from an exhaustive analysis of more than 400 processes associated with the holding of fairs and congresses.
The following protocols will be in place during the World Hospital Congress:
- Virtual badges will be required to access the event, access hours will be implemented, queues will be avoided, and usage of masks will be checked at the access points.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory.
- Proper distance and capacity control will be observed at the whole conference venue. Floor markers will be placed and chairs in each room will be prepared according to the required distance.
- The venue is equipped with a ventilation system suitable for COVID normative.
- Disinfectant dispensers will be placed around the venue
- Hygienic-sanitary controls in all catering services will be reinforced.
- Food will be given to attendees in individual units.
- The catering area will be laid out in such a way that ensures social distancing and partitions will be installed at all catering points.
- Exhibition stands will have adapted designs and capacity limitations will be enforced.
- Distribution of exhibitor and visitor material are discouraged and instead, virtual materials are recommended.
- All event staff including event organizers, audiovisual production team, caterers, venue staff, and suppliers are required to present a COVID vaccination certificate or a negative test (RT-PCR or antigen) made al least 72 hours before their participation in the congress.
- All attendees should:
- Not attend the World Hospital Congress if they are experiencing any flu-like symptoms;
- Adhere to social distancing requirements;
- Wash hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds and/or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouths with unwashed hands;
- Engage in additional responsible health and safety practices.
We are partnering with Quironprevención, a nearby testing facility, to offer COVID-19 tests to all Congress participants who will be needing them. See below for instructions on how to book your appointment.
See locations on the Google maps:
Book an appointment by calling (+34) 91 122 14 52. Remember to use the promotional code CPRG08553810.
The above protocols may change. Please check back here for the most recent guidelines as the Congress approaches.
If you have questions or if you do not feel well and are not able to attend in person, please contact WHC2021Registration@gruporic.com or +34 93 410 86 46 to make alternate arrangements regarding your registration.