Finalists of the International Hospital Federation Awards 2021 are announced
The International Hospital Federation (IHF) announced the finalists of the IHF Awards 2021 after scoring entries in six categories. This year, 250 entries were submitted from 38 countries/territories – a record since the Awards were established in 2015.
A total of 50 finalists have been shortlisted across six categories, from which the Gold, Silver and Bronze awards will be given, as well as honorable mentions to other exceptional entries in each category.
The six awards categories are:
- Dr. Kwang Tae Kim Grand Hospital Award – recognizing institutions (not individual projects) that excelled in several areas including, but not limited to, quality and patient safety, corporate social responsibility, healthcare leadership and management practices and supporting sustainability initiatives.
- American College of Healthcare Executives Excellence Award for Leadership and Management – recognizing excellence or outstanding achievements in strong leadership and management in leading a hospital or a health service provider.
- Austco Excellence Award for Quality and Patient Safety – recognizing excellence or outstanding achievements in promoting quality and patient safety.
- Ashikaga-Nikken Excellence Award for Green Hospitals – honoring hospitals and healthcare organizations promoting sustainable and eco-friendly initiatives.
- Seddiqi Holding Excellence Award for Corporate Social Responsibility – recognizing excellence or outstanding achievements in advancing corporate social responsibility.
- Sultanate of Oman Excellence Award for Health Services During Crisis – recognizing achievements of hospitals and healthcare organizations in developing countries during a time of crisis.
The rigorous judging process involved an extensive review by the Awards Committee, composed of health leaders from around the world. The scoring is based on five criteria: originality and innovativeness; intended impact; adaptability and scalability; scientific rigor; and clarity.
This year’s winners will be revealed on 10 November at 18:00 CEST as a highlight in the program of the 44th World Hospital Congress (WHC) at the Fira Montjuïc conference center, Barcelona, where the winning projects and programs will be announced to an audience of hospital and healthcare leaders from around the globe.
Gold winners will be invited to present in a special parallel session at the WHC to share their winning programs and projects. Those awarded Silver, Bronze and honorable mentions will display posters at the WHC exhibition.