The Call for Paper Presentations and Posters for the World Hospital Congress is now closed.
Health sector leaders and professionals wishing to present their work in a session or as a poster were invited to submit abstracts in response to the overarching congress theme “People at the heart of health services in peace and crisis” against the following sub-themes:
Resilient health services:
- Best practices for preparedness and responses to disasters, outbreaks and cyberattacks
- Mitigating consequences of conflicts and terror attacks to continue serving all especially vulnerable groups
- Operating under severe resource constraints
- Leading practices reflecting systematic approaches to learning from crises and trauma
- Violence in the workplace
Health investment for prosperity
- Exploring governance practices driving better efficiency and relevance
- What management and leadership can do for increased efficiency and outcomes
- Inter-professional leadership for cost effectiveness and quality improvement
- What are the impacts of hospitals in the local and national economy
- Future of hospitals in an economically constrained world
Innovation for health impact
- Removing barriers to innovation with change management
- Hospital Technology Assessment to speed up innovation adoption
- Embedding collaboration with industries for health innovation
- Procurement to accelerate and develop innovation
- Enhancing digital health services in the virtual space
More information on the overarching theme and sub-themes is available here.
Open for abstract submission: 12 November 2018
Submission deadline: 15 February 2019 (EXTENDED to 1 March 2019, 11:59pm UTC -11)
Notification to accepted paper presentations: 15 April 2019
Notification to accepted posters: 6 May 2019
Submitting an abstract gave organizations the chance to showcase their work and achievements to the international healthcare community. Successful abstracts will also be considered for publication in the IHF Journal and presentation in an IHF Webinar. Accepted posters will also have a chance to compete in the best poster competition at the Congress.
Click below for more information on the submission process, general criteria and terms and conditions for presenters.