45th World Hospital Congress Call for Abstracts
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED
The World Hospital Congress of the International Hospital Federation (IHF) is a unique global forum that brings together leaders, executives and decision-makers of hospitals, health services, and healthcare organizations to discuss key drivers of national and international policy, management, financial trends and solutions. Through this forum, multidisciplinary exchange of knowledge, expertise and experiences are facilitated, together with dialogue on best practices in leadership, management and service delivery aimed at improving the overall health and wellness of our patients and communities.
The 45th World Hospital Congress is being hosted by the Dubai Health Authority on 9-11 November 2022 at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre (DWTC) with the theme “Global Learnings, Local Actions: Sustainable Healthcare”. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact the healthcare sector, providing both challenges and opportunities to rebuild with greater resilience, hospital leaders around the world are translating learnings from the pandemic and leading the change to deliver health services in more resilient and sustainable ways.
The Call for Abstracts is open to IHF members and non-members. We want to discover projects and programmes which will showcase many of these innovations, models, and examples of leadership. If you have a compelling presentation to share with peers from around the globe, submit your abstract now.
The following are the sub-themes and topics of the Congress.
- Harnessing digital technology to optimize performance.
- Alternative hospital delivery models, accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ensuring the continuum of care during and after a crisis.
- Healthcare workforce challenges and solutions.
- Person-centered care improving outcomes and experiences.
- Ensuring caregivers’ wellbeing.
- Inclusive and equitable healthcare: what the COVID-19 pandemic revealed.
- Hospital leadership –
- Building the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed as a leader.
- Role of leadership in building and shaping a successful organization.
Good practices and innovations from hospitals combatting climate change and its impacts across low, middle, and high-income settings. These practices will include (but are not limited to):
- Supply chain management.
- Changes in clinical care.
- Hospital design and development (physical plant/infrastructure).
- High-tech to low-tech solutions.
- Organizational culture focused on sustainability.
- Green leadership and governance.
Submission of Abstracts
Executives, professionals and healthcare providers working in hospitals, facilities or government settings, academes, research institutions, NGOs who want to present their work, orally (10-minute or 5-minute presentations) or as a poster, are invited to submit an abstract to the Scientific Committee for consideration. Submitting an abstract gives you the chance to showcase your work and achievements to the international healthcare community. Accepted posters will also have a chance to compete in the best poster competition at the Congress.
Abstracts submitted for oral presentations but not accepted will be automatically considered for posters.
Open for abstract submission: 21 December 2021
Oral abstracts: Extended to 31st March 2022
Poster abstracts: Extended to 31st March 2022
Notification to accepted abstracts: 31st May 2022
Registration deadline: 31st July 2022
Please carefully read the information below before submitting your abstract
- All abstract submissions must be made electronically via the online submission website: https://congress.ihf-fih.org/ihf_abstracts
- Click ‘Create Account’ in the menu if this is the first time you will be submitting an abstract.
- Previously registered users may use the same login credentials.
- Abstracts sent by post or email will NOT be accepted.
- The account user is the sole contact for all correspondences regarding the abstract review and accepts responsibility to share information with all other authors about its status.
- The Congress language is English. All abstracts submitted must be in English.
- Abstracts must be related to the overarching theme and at least one of the sub-themes listed above.
- Abstracts submitted must follow the template: Download template
- Up to 5 supporting documents may be uploaded together with the abstract but only Word, Powerpoint and PDF files are accepted. The total file size should not exceed 30MB.
- The account user is responsible for submitting a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the submitter. No proofreading will be done.
- Abstracts can be saved in ‘DRAFT’ for re-editing and modification prior to submission. Only abstracts in ‘SUBMITTED’ status will be considered.
- After the submission deadline, only changes requested by the Scientific Committee reviewer will be accepted.
- All decisions by the Scientific Committee regarding the abstracts are final.
General criteria for the assessment of abstracts
- Experience, expertise, and knowledge
- Issue of importance, tied to theme/sub-themes
- Practical benefit and useful in advancing global health
- Well presented, with case study
Financial support policy
- No honorarium or financial support will be provided to authors of accepted abstracts
- Authors presenting at the Congress must register to participate by paying special discounted registration fees on or before 31st July 2022
Oral presenters : USD 570
Poster presenters : USD 700
Rates above are only applicable to presenters working in a hospital or government setting, academe, research institutions and non-profit organizations; they do not apply to vendors, solution providers, consultants and for-profit companies.
Presentation at the Congress
- The author(s) of presentations and posters included in the Congress programme provide IHF permission to publish the abstract, author details, posters and/or slides electronically and in other formats.
- Non-registered presenters will have their presentation/poster withdrawn from the programme.
- Specific guidelines for the oral presentations and posters will be sent together with the abstract acceptance letter.
- Any change of presenting author should be communicated in writing to [email protected].
- Accepted authors are responsible for any required visa applications.
- The abstract submission website is compatible with current web browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, Opera)
For inquiries please contact:
Karen Odessa R Cabuyao
Subject: Abstract submission
Email: [email protected]